Sunday 13 July 2014

The kind of person who blogs

I'm the kind of person who spends a lot of time with my friends and family. The kind of person who spends way too much time on Facebook. The kind of person who tries to say yes and not cancel plans once they have been made.  I'm the kind of person who eats too much junk food and cares about what other people think a bit too much!

I once read that when you decide to make changes to your life and develop new habits, you should say "I am the kind of person who does this."  It is, apparently, much more effective than overthinking the process of change and making a big deal out of it all.  

One day I decided I'd like to be the kind of person who irons.  And now I am.  And although it's a bit of a task, and I hate having ironing on my mental to-do list, I do feel quite a sense of achievement at the end.  Plus, I get to watch TV without feeling guilty.  


Look how beautiful it can be!  


Obviously, I have failed at the attempt to be 'the kind of person who...' many a time.  I have tried to be the kind of person who goes to the gym, who makes the bed every morning, who walks to work and who has a skin care routine.  But life gets in the way, I get lazy, sometimes I'm running late...and there is always a more effortless shortcut to get through the day.  

I am attempting to be the kind of person who is more organised.  My friends and family, I'm sure, will completely disagree with my efforts in this, but I know I'm more organised than I was a few years ago.  It's not one of those things you can just decide, though - with being more organised, you have to play a bit of catch up before you are ready to start afresh!  And hopefully these long school holidays will put me just that little bit closer to being the kind of person who is organised.

Now I'm the kind of person who blogs.  I just decided that three days ago, and here I am, on my second blog post. 

Now, if only I could be the kind of person who hates chocolate...?

No comments:

Post a Comment